The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) is a binational organization responsible for the administration of the Fulbright exchanges between the Philippines and the United States, the Hubert H. Humphrey fellowships, and the East-West Center scholarships. It also serves as a clearinghouse for information on educational institutions and programs in the Philippines and the United States.
PAEF was established through an executive agreement signed by the governments of the United States and the Philippines on March 23, 1948 to carry out educational exchanges involving students, academics and professionals from both countries.
The Philippine program is the world’s longest continuing Fulbright program. It has enriched several generations of Filipinos and Americans.
Principal funding support for the exchange programs administered by PAEF comes from the United States and the Philippine governments. It offers various scholarships and fellowships.
They also offer short term programs from 6 months to 1 year, such as the Global ungrad for students studying bachelor’s program. Scholars can spend a semester in the US in a field of study of their choice.
The Philippine Department of Agriculture, the Philippine Commission on Higher Education, and the Washington SyCip Family Foundation have generously supported the Fulbright Program in the Philippines. Other organizations and institutions, including US and Philippine universities contribute through direct and indirect cost-sharing.
The educational exchange initiative is the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program simply called as the Global UGrad.
Fulbright scholarship programs for the Filipinos are the
- Fulbright Graduate Student Program
- Fulbright Senior Scholar for Advanced Research and University Lecturing Program
- Fulbright US-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Initiative Program
- Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) for Advanced Research
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTA) Program
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Fulbright-Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Scholarships for Graduate Studies in the US for Philippines Higher Education Faculty and Staff
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program for International Teachers (Fulbright DAI)
With Manila having the oldest continuing Fulbright scholarship program, it is clear that the bilateral ties between the United States and the Philippines remain strong and robust. There is a way to chase your dreams.
Selected scholars are given funding to cover their study and living expenses for the whole duration of their course, including round‑trip international travel fare, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition, book/supply allowance, as well as health and accident insurance.
Further reading, https://fulbright.org.ph/scholarship-programs/
Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF)
10/F Ayala Life – FGU Center – Makati
6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226
Telephone: 02 812 0919